Ensuring the accuracy of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (“HMDA”) data has always been a challenge and the challenges for 2018 will be even greater. This webinar will focus on ways to effectively review and ensure the accuracy of your HMDA data and avoid regulatory issues and resubmissions.
Regulators expect HMDA data to be accurate and they expect mortgage lenders to implement a system of policies, procedures, training, and ongoing monitoring to confirm its accuracy. Leveraging technology to perform ongoing periodic reviews of HMDA data can help manage that risk and help ensure the accuracy of your HMDA data. Assuring HMDA data integrity, whether manually or through systemic data integrity testing should be an integral part of the ongoing monitoring process.
The accuracy and completeness of HMDA data is also critical to understanding where and to whom loans are being made to manage fair lending risk and to ensure compliance with HMDA. Regulators continue to scrutinize lenders and inaccurate data can lead to costly file reviews, resubmissions, fines, and civil money penalties.
- What should your HMDA management system consist of and what will regulators be looking for?
- Three lines of defense – roles and responsibilities of the business unit, compliance department and audit function regarding HMDA data accuracy.
- How will the regulators audit your HMDA data going forward?
- Manual and Systemic File Reviews – The Pros and Cons of each and what method is right for your situation?
- Manual File Review – What to consider when completing a manual file review and some of the common issues.
- Systemic Data Integrity – How can leveraging technology help increase the accuracy of your HMDA data and reduce the chances of your having to do more time-consuming and costly manual file reviews?
- Omissions Testing – Regulators are concerned with reportable applications that are inadvertently omitted from your LAR. How can you test for these to identify issues before the regulators?
- Red Flags Analysis – Use technology to compare LAR data to the national aggregate data to identify anomalies that may require additional follow up.
- What does the data tell you – Using HMDA data to assist with fair lending performance assessments?
Who Should Attend?This webinar will be beneficial for anyone in your institution who has responsibility for HMDA data integrity or analyzing the information to help manage fair lending risk, including senior management, compliance officers, attorneys and auditors.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.