In this valuable webinar, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the accuracy of your Excel spreadsheets. To help you create spreadsheets that are free of errors, David demonstrates how to implement Excel features and functions, such as the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the VLOOKUP function, the SUBTOTAL function, and others. In addition, he discusses how to preserve key formulas, perform dual lookups, sum discrepant sections of a spreadsheet, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Building resilience into spreadsheets by avoiding daisy-chained formulas.
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify.
- Improving the integrity of many Excel features by placing column headings within a single row instead of spanning two or more rows.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Performing dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
- Removing Conditional Formatting when it’s no longer needed within a spreadsheet.
- Summing disparate sections of a spreadsheet quickly with the SUBTOTAL function.
- Toggling the locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
- Apply techniques and features that will improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets.
- State how to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with a single command in Excel.
- Apply Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
Who Should Attend?Practitioners who wish to learn how to create error-free Excel spreadsheets.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.